These conditions must be fulfilled
If you are working on a project related to at least one of the following SDGs, you can apply in the period of 1 May to 31 May 2023:
SDG 1: No poverty
SDG 3: Health and well-being
SDG 4: Quality education
SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth
SDG 12: Sustainable consumption and production
Please note that SDG 5 (Gender Equality) and SDG 13 (Climate action) must also be considered. SDG 17 (Partnerships for the goals) should be presented as well.
- Applicants must come from countries or regions on the DAC list
- Evidence of English skills of at least B1 or better
- Evidence of university degree and/or relevant professional experience
- Applicants must already be working on a project or research in their home country, which they can further consolidate in Germany. It is important that the benefits to the home country can be seen
- You must apply for a visa at the Germany Embassy in your home country
- Proven experience with at least one of the SDGs mentioned in the call in a professional, scientific, social or political context
- Be at least 18 years old.
- There is no age limit for the application.
Application documents for the pre-selection procedure:
- CV, 3-4 pages in tabular form
- English test result (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge certification from A1-C2).
- Relevant title certificates and one other reference from an official body.
- Project description (template will be sent to you)
- Passport copy
- Checklist to tick off (template will be send to you)
Selection criteria and procedures:
- Applications are to be made using the form on this website that will be released about 10 months before the beginning of each round. Documents required for the application can be uploaded directly on our application portal.
- Please note that only complete application documentation can be taken into account
- During the applications phase, the project team is available for your questions per e-mail, phone or video conference. The closing date for applications as a rule is 6 months beforehand.
- A video interview will be conducted with interesting candidates. In the selection process, not only Project Leader and Educational Specialist take part but also two independent representatives, for example, from a company or an educational establishment.
- Selection is based on the following requirements:
- INTELLECTUAL ABILITIES – Profesional qualification –, open-mindedness and interest;
- VALUE ORIENTATION / RESPONSIBILITY – standpoint and tolerance – independent thinking
- PERSONALITY – motivation – potential – personal presentation – social competence.
- Costs of the stay will be paid
- monthly stipend to cover your expenses (includes own research and as applicable, excursions and internships)
- foreign health insurance
- accommodation (private, furnished flat-share room (ca. 12m²) with shared bathroom and kitchen)
- the return flight (Economy Class (max. three stopovers, flight from the home country airport) (airport transfer in the home country may be granted under justified circumstances)
- airport transfer in Hamburg with public transport
- season ticket for the use of public transport in Hamburg
- costs of group excursions
- additional budget for personal development
- BMZ sponsorship regulations apply